Saturday, 2 July 2011

Maffick Monday, 27th.June

If There Were No Fear

If there were no fear I'd say "I love you,"
but fear I'd see amusement in your glance.
Or, telling you to music, hear you say
"You love the dancer, child, less than the dance."
When in the fearful rush of days we met
I don't remember, yet that day is still
locked fast in my heart's most secret chamber.
I love you, and I fear I always will.

Thanks to Alicia at MaffickingMonday with her prompt
"What if fear didn't exist?"

4 comments:

  1. Lucy, this is raw and real. The fear of being rejected, or worse, laughed at, affects and limits our natural responses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rather thought provoking piece.....if fear didn't exist we'd be fucked, too, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the line "the fearful rush of days we met." It adds just the right punch and makes me think about the backstory here. Thanks for your post and I hope you contribute to Maffick Monday post number three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine example of how to express a range of emotions without using any saccharine words. No adverbs. Two adjectives. First class writing.

    ReplyDelete