It's said that much depends
upon a red wheelbarrow
glazed with rain
beside the white chickens.
Perhaps and perhaps not.
Chickens seek shelter
from the rain and barrows
quickly fill with water.
My own barrow (by Hamelin)
is dark blue. It sits beside the
red one and and both of them,
the red and blue hold water now
enough to drown the chickens
and perhaps or perhaps not
myself for afters.
Posted for Mag 128, prompted by a photograph by Elena Kalis.
Oh wow profound
ReplyDeleteCuriously curious, but quite well done...
ReplyDeletePouring from vessel to vessel, spilling nary a drop.....brava
ReplyDeleteI recognise the WIlliam Carlos Williams. The rest is send-up, surely?
ReplyDeleteThanks Doc. There was me wondering I'm the only person alive who thinks WCW's "poem" is just bloody silly.
DeleteYou're not the only one, Lucy! It's no more a 'poem 'than I am...
DeleteLove the way you made us dig deep ... I was not familiar with the William Carlos Williams poem. After reading it, your poem makes perfect sense .. and definitely not silly!
ReplyDeleteWhoa, I have never heard that about red wheelbarrows.
ReplyDeleteBeing lost in the ocean of my own wheelbarrow...I don't even know the color of it. One day (perhaps or perhaps not!) I'll swim to the edge, climb out, and be free to tell you I think you write in deepest places of Universe...and you do it well.
ReplyDeletePEACE and LIGHT
WCW and his one sentence broken into parts.It's good to try out and experience a haiku like free verse. Your poem did it very well, Lucy!
ReplyDeleteHank
nicely done......thanks for sharing your words
ReplyDeleteVery good - your interpretation brilliant!
ReplyDeleteAnna :o]
This is stunning. So vivid.
ReplyDeleteSimply wonderful! We always get a literal treat here, Lucy! Another pleasing read!
ReplyDeleteI had to go and look that poem up as I'd never heard of it, so thank you for extending my knowledge. Your own poem is a clever response.
ReplyDeleteJika ingin memainkan permainan Ceme Keliling dengan mudah, segera mainkan dengan menggunakan Hack Menang Judi Ceme Keliling.
ReplyDeleteLive Chat Agen Sakong itu99
Agen Roulette Terpercaya ituGol
Tips Menang Judi Baccarat ituGol
Agen Baccarat IndoWinBola
Tips Menang SicBo IndoWinBola
LiveChat Judi Agen Sportsbook IndoWinBola