When we first met the larches showing pink,
hinted at May. We linked our hands. We kissed
over the garden gate. Silly? I know.
Now you are gone, the latch behind you fallen,
the larches might as well sleep under snow.
The gate hangs lifeless on a broken hinge
since May, last May, eternities ago.
Posted for G-Man's weekly 55 word request. Plenty more if you follow the link.

Wow....
ReplyDeleteFirst time 55 eh?...PERFECT!
Perfect, captivating, beautiful.
Fantastic 55 My Friend.
I hope you found this to be creative, challenging, and fun!
Thanks for playing, please join us again, and have a Kick Ass Week-End
Windswept. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteVery careful sound control. Great little poem.
ReplyDeletewhew....tight with emotion...and you play it out through imagery....very well done...
ReplyDeleteThe sadness encapsulated in these well written lines tears at my heartstrings...
ReplyDeleteAwww...how sad... so much said in those 55
ReplyDeleteBeautiful imagery.
A treat, carefully constructed, rolling off the tongue as the latch falls behind you. You chose your words carefully, and it shows. I will expect more of this from you!
ReplyDeletesince May, Oh, this has longing and regret and a broken hinged gate. Splendid. I see it all.
ReplyDeleteFinely delivered - in the said amount! And so beautifully, too!
ReplyDelete