DON'T JUST KEEP UP WITH THE JONES'S!
BECOME THE JONES'S!
INSTALL THE LATEST "MACENTRY" BELL-PULL AS SEEN ON T.V!
ONLY $499.99 FROM ALL GOOD HARDWARE STORES, B&Q, IKEA ETC.
YOUR NEIGHBOURS WILL BE SO ENVIOUS THEY WILL PROBABLY
KILL THEMSELVES!
THAT'S WHAT THE SWORDS ARE FOR!
(AND THEY'RE FREE!)
(AND THEY'RE FREE!)
HAVE A NICE DAY!
(Remote Control Model only $999.99)
(Remote Control Model only $999.99)

This is so brilliant! Very clever take on the Magpie! Love it!
ReplyDeleteAnna :o]
Hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL. The most original take on the prompt so far!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL. I want one for my door. Does it go bing, or does it go bong?
ReplyDeleteI want one that lowers a drawbridge.
ReplyDeleteWonderful wit! But is the 'door furniture' a push button, or a pull the tassel? Or maybe pull the other one? LOL
ReplyDeletea legit LOL - nice comedic piece
ReplyDeleteThis one's the Standard Model. The DeLuxe goes "Ding Dong. Avon Calling!"
ReplyDeleteUnlike Doctor FTSE, I want one that raises the drawbridge! Life was more peaceful before phones, fridges that beep when you are too slow closing the door, other stuff that blings and dings to keep you dashing about worrying that you are not quite perfect or efficient, so even if there is a spare minute, it cannot be enjoyed without the ears being pricked, waiting for the next summons.
ReplyDeleteDr. FTSE sent me here to see your take on the Joneses. My poem is about them - that's hilarious. Now I know what I'll do with that one more dollar :)
ReplyDeleteoh hahahah for your namesake Lucy - look here.....http://kathewsnapaday.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteBrilliant!!
ReplyDeleteDear Lucy: This is so funny...This is riotiously funny! Great Smiles this a.m.! Thank-you dear! :)
ReplyDeleteI spilled my coffee laughing! Love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a deal!! What's the shipping and handling?
ReplyDeleteawesome lucy! you are so fun!
ReplyDeleteI do wish I'd seen this before now - it's hilarious! Maybe I'll get me one!
ReplyDelete